Saturday, January 29, 2011

Whisper Stories In My Ear

Saturday, January 29, 2011

So Whisper Stories in my Ear is a challenge hosted by Bewitched Bookworms. This challenge was created to have a challenge for people that don't necessarily have the time to sit down and read an entire book. I wanted to jump on this opportunity because I have some audio books I wouldn't mind getting from the library. The goal is to listen to 12 audio books over the course of the entire year. So in my reviews I will be stating whether or not it was an audio book. Here is just a small list of the books I plan to listen to

Elixir - Hilary Duff, Elise Allen

"Clea Raymond lives an extraordinary life. The daughter of renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington DC figure, she has been in the spotlight her entire life. Followed by the paparazzi, she resents the attention that is lavished on her for her looks alone because she has so much more to offer. Clea Raymond has a unique gift. A proficient photographer, in all her pictures, there is little something extra, and it's not just a result of her talented eye. There is always an extra photo that she didn't take. And, as she discovered at a young age, those photos always lead to a place where some tragedy is about to occur that Clea can prevent. Two years ago, her father disappeared while on a humanitarian mission and is presumed dead, but that doesn't stop Clea and her mother from continuing to do good throughout the world. On one such trip to Columbia, she meets Race, the guide for the trip. She feels a connection to him but cannot explain why. Was it something in their past or possibly in their past lives? Whatever has brought them together is threatning to tear them apart forever. As the mystery of her father's disappearance unravels, Clea discover that she has powers that are bigger than anything she could have anticipated."


Fallen - Lauren Kate

"There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick

"For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life"



So these are just a few of the really good books I keep hearing about that I'm deciding to do this challenge with. I can't wait to get going on this and start letting you all know in my reviews.

5 comments:

  1. Fallen and Hush, Hush are amazing! i really want to read Elixir though...and btw thanx for dropping by my blog :D

    Rabiah @ Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! These are all books on my TBR pile, let me know how you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about what you'll think about Fallen. I expected so much more, but that's just me. Feel free to let me know what you think about it once you've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Hush, Hush was pretty fun! Enjoy those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Hush Hush! And not just because I share a name with the main character ;]

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3