Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Tuesday, May 10, 2011
The Iron King  - Julie Kagawa
Release Date: February 1st 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 363
Overall: 4.5/5


Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home. When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change. But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
 I'm quiet happy to say that this actually lived up to everything that I had heard. The sad part is I hadn't really heard of this book until the third one came out. Which to me really sucks because I kind of wish that I would have known about it before when maybe the second or first on were the only ones out. I really like the suspense of waiting for the sequels. But then again, being able to have the next two able for me to read as soon as I want to or have the time to. That is a good perk because after reading this one I really really want to read them.

I was hooked from the second I started this book. It got to where when I was reading it I was getting pissed I would have to put it away to go do something else. From the minute the action and adventure started in this book it was go go go. It really kept my attention too, and it has been a bit since I've read a book that I would fall asleep reading it because I didn't want to go to sleep but couldn't physically stay awake.

I was also pretty happy with the relationship between Ash and Meghan. I of course don't want to say too much because I would hate to give anything away. So I'm just going to keep it to this. The way that their relationship developed was amazingly written. I love how you could feel the emotions that they had and also knew things that the other didn't.

All in all this was a really good book. I think the only thing that made me not give it a full 5/5 was because  I had expectations for the way things would end, but honesty the ending was pretty good. Ok i lied, the ending was actually really good, I just had this idea of what would happen that i liked a bit better than the way that it really did end. I would recommend this book to everyone because it's such a good read and because it would be a good book for people of all ages.

2 comments:

  1. I picked this book up and put it down. Wasnt' sure. Thanks the for the thumb's up. Will grab it the next time I'm at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post - I've heard a lot about this.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3