Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday {5}

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is an amazing idea hosted over at The Broke and Bookish and this week we take on the challenge of picking out Top Ten books for this weeks list.



Top Ten Books Things that will make me NOT want to read a book.

1.) Historical Fiction. I know I know, I have a few on my TBR, but in the end I just usually can't find myself really getting in to a historical fiction without finding it dry.

2.) Yet again I have to mention Covers. I know it's not right, but if a book doesn't have a cover that draws my eye and I know nothing about it, I'm not likely to pick it up to find out what is it about.

3.)  Mass Market Romance novels. Don't get me wrong, I love romance novels but the mass market paperbacks just do not interest me at all.

4.) Non-Fiction. I cannot begin to describe how extremely picky I am when it comes to reading something Non-Fiction, so I'll just lump that together as a no thank you.

5.) When I know WAY more than the main character. I mean I can understand knowing a little more because we're watching from the outside, but if I know a bunch of stuff that hasn't even developed in the book yet, I just can't go on.

6.) Religion. I don't judge, and I have my own beliefs, but I don't want to read a book that's trying to explain or shove something down my throat so I might as well just star away from that.

7.) Info Dumps. I know that there can be back story that needs to be told, but don't just throw a bunch of information at me and expect me to one, remember it all, and two, know what the heck is going on now.

8.) Messy Love Triangles. I usually just end up getting really upset and yelling at the main character because they need to make a freaking choice and we all know which choice is better. So I just rather not get angry while reading.

9.) Abuse. Sorry but that is just not something I even want to support in book format, so if that's something that is a major focus of a book then I most likely am not interested. 

10.) Instalove. I get young love and I get love at first sight, but don't make it so oh look these two people just met, know nothing about each other, but are head over heels for each other and are going to follow the normal rise and fall of a relationship.

What makes you not want to read a book? Let me know below or if you did a TTT link it below so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3