Friday, May 5, 2017

Review: Textrovert by Lindsey Summers

Friday, May 5, 2017
Textrovert by Lindsey Summers
Publication Date: May 2nd 2017
Publisher: Kids Can Press
Age Group: Young Adult | Contemporary
Pages: 235
Overall: 
Can you fall in ♥ with someone you’ve never met? 
Summer is nearly over and Keeley is about to start her senior year when disaster strikes: she picks up the wrong cell phone by mistake. 😞 Just her luck that it belongs to Talon, a totally arrogant jock 🏈 who’s just left for football camp—with her phone. Keeley doesn’t know him, but they’ll need to rely on each other to forward their messages for an entire week. 
Talon is so full of himself, but Keeley quickly discovers he’s funny, too—at least his texts are. 😅 And he listens to Keeley—which is more than anyone else does. Texting Talon, she can be more than just the quiet twin sister of a popular boy. Texting Talon, she can be the outgoing person she’s always wanted to be. Soon the two are falling for each other, hard. 
But when true identities are revealed and secrets are exposed, will Keeley’s feelings stay the same?

So since reading Textrovert, I've found out that this was originally a semi different story than what it is now. It seems like a lot of people are judging this work based on Lindsey's old work and that just doesn't seem right to me. So i just want to start off by saying, if you decide to read this book you should go in to it with an open idea, because from what I understand it's not the same as her original work on Wattpad.

That being said though, Textrovert was exactly the cutesy contemporary read that I was looking for. I have to say that Keeley really did pull me in from the start. Being in the time that we are and knowing that a lot of relationships start out online, I felt like this was such a cute way to look at things. How often do you accidentally switch phones with someone, let alone neither of you have a password set up! I mean come on, it's just fate.

So when Keeley and Talon start being forced to talk to each other to relay messages and we see their relationship actually become more than acquaintances I was beyond excited. Especially because I knew at some point these two were going to have to met, unlike most online relationships out there today. That little added bonus of knowing that there would be a physical meeting made me want to speed through the entire book.

Surprisingly enough, them switching phones is just the beginning and there is SO MUCH more story afterward. Which made me even more excited because the more I read the more I wanted to see what was going to happen. I'll be honest, a lot of the plot twists in this were very predictable for me, but the way that they were handled was not so predictable. Plus there was one at the end that completely threw me but I very much like the way it was handled.

All in All Textrovert is a very cute summer read that you are going to want to get your hands on. Keeley is such a likable character even with all of her supposed flaws, Zach is the annoying brother character that most of us all know, and Talon, oh Talon, even with his crazy flip flopiness he is still a heart throb that every time he said the words baby doll my stomach did little flips. If you haven't already, I'd suggest grabbing this book for a quick and super cute summer read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below <3